My in-person leadership course, being project-based, has a project. One of my students last semester for his project created a web page—partly to express himself, partly to meet and interview people he wanted to create connections with, partly to share with the world his passion for marketing. Here he is:
I hope he doesn’t mind my sharing the video here. It’s not yet professionally edited, but I agree that you start with what you have and get great by persisting and continually improving. After I give some background about myself, we cover some important concepts.
- Experiential learning (1:45)
- Passion (2:15)
- Motivating yourself to achieve and responsibility (4:00)
- Why I am full of passion for teaching my courses (5:40)
- Why someone giving you the answers less valuable than working to get the answers yourself (6:00)
Learn to make Meaningful Connections
with a simple, effective exercise from my book, Leadership Step by Step.
- Step by step instructions
- Video examples of me and Marshall Goldsmith
- An excerpt from my book