I’ve written about mindmaps recently and my upcoming creativity talk on April 10.
I thought I’d share the draft mindmap I’ve prepared so far for the talk. Freemind lets me export to a flash-based mindmap that you can navigate. You can’t edit it or see how I edit it to see how fun, useful, and effective it is, but you can see the output.
It’s an incomplete draft — too long for a twenty minute talk, but at least illustrates mindmaps. To navigate
- use arrow keys or click white space and drag to move the map
- click the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ icon at the top to resize the map
- click the “fit” icon at the top (to the right of the ‘-‘) to fit the visible part of the mindmap in the space available
- click nodes in the mindmap to show or hide nodes beneath them — dragging, resizing, or re-fitting as necessary afterward
Learn to make Meaningful Connections
with a simple, effective exercise from my book, Leadership Step by Step.
- Step by step instructions
- Video examples of me and Marshall Goldsmith
- An excerpt from my book