Many people find themselves in positions with leadership responsibilities never having been trained for the tasks. Or locked out from opportunities from lack of preparation. Skills like managing groups, influence, persuasion, negotiation, conflict management, perceiving oneself and others, and so on depend on emotional intelligence and self-awareness, skills everybody knows are of critical importance, but even those terms are vague. But how do you develop emotional intelligence if you don’t have it? This transformational course teaches you about the human emotional and motivational system and how to use it to lead yourself and others. It was developed by and for people who weren’t born natural leaders to end up one. Full of exercises.
Takeaways / Learning Points
- Personal leadership skills, particularly self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Staying calm under pressure
- Interpersonal skills of the such as decision making, negotiation, perceiving others, influence, motivating others, and teamwork
- Ability to transform your greatest challenges into both professional and personal growth
- Awareness of your values and what brings you meaning, purpose, importance, and happiness, both professionally and personally
- Ability to focus on what is important, professionally and personally, decreasing time and resources wasted on unimportant things
- Ability to experience reward from your efforts
- Patience and understanding
- People desiring or on the cusp of leadership opportunities
- People in leadership positions who want to excel
- People early on careers looking for direction.
Minimum a two-day (twelve hours) seminar, preferably a three to five day retreat.
Learn to make Meaningful Connections
with a simple, effective exercise from my book, Leadership Step by Step.
- Step by step instructions
- Video examples of me and Marshall Goldsmith
- An excerpt from my book